Please click on each issue to view the list.MEDICARE FOR ALL
- Medicare For All H.R.676 – https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/676
- Single Payer universal health care.
- Regulate big pharma, opioids, cost of prescription drugs and their side effects.
Support electoral reforms that ensure secure, Democratic and transparent elections…
- Automatic voter registration H.R.2840 – https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2840
- Money out of politics
- Overturn Citizens United
- Oppose gerrymandering at every level of government
- Support of ranked choice voting to prevent splitting the vote.
- Corporations are not people and money is not speech
- Mandatory Audits of Election Results
- Restoration of Voting Rights
- Make Election Day a national holiday
- Elimination of Electronic Voting Machines replacing them with verifiable Paper Ballots.
- Replace big money control of election campaigns with full public financing of Elections
- Free airways for all Candidates regardless of party affiliation.
- Open / semi-open primaries voters with no party affiliation can publicly choose in which party primary to vote.
- Support reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine and Equal Time Rule, to promote informed public discussion on public issues.
- H.J.Res.74 – Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States regarding the right to vote. – https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-joint-resolution/74/cosponsors http://www.righttovoteamendment.com/
- supporting Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.’s proposed “Right to Vote Amendment,” to clarify to the Supreme Court that yes, we do have a constitutional right to vote.
- End the Electoral College and implement direct election of the President
- Support national election standards promoting fairness, accessibility and transparency
- Ensure the retention of paper ballots and scanned ballot images
- Demand Open source software and open hardware for all elections equipment.
- Guarantee equal access to debates inclusive of all parties and candidates including independents.
- guarantee equal access to the ballot inclusive of all parties and candidates including independents.
- require that all votes are counted before election results are released;
- replace partisan oversight of elections with non-partisan election commissions;
- restore the vote to ex-offenders who’ve paid their debt to society
- End the Congress Member to Lobbyist Revolving Door
- Support heavy penalties to prevent misrepresentation and false statements in campaign ads and media.
EDUCATION FOR ALL
- College for All Act H.R.1880 – https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1880
This bill amends the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA) to establish a grant program to eliminate tuition and required fees:
- for all students at community colleges and two-year tribal colleges and universities, and
- for working- and middle-class students at four-year public institutions of higher education (IHEs).
- Raise teachers salary
- End / forgive student loan debt
- Oppose standardized testing.
- Strong oversight and independent auditing of unaccountable, for-profit charter schools who want to use public dollars to enrich their executives.
- Raise the Wage Act H.R.15 – https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/15
- Increase minimum wage to a living wage of $15 per hour and maintain it in proportion to inflation.
- Propose implementing Universal Basic Income do to accelerated implementation of automation, robotics and artificial intelligence.
- Right to employment / Federal job guarantee to achieve permanent full employment primarily on sustainable energy and energy efficiency retrofitting jobs, mass transit and infrastructure that promote safe bike and pedestrian traffic.
- End Student Debt
- Tax Wall Street
- Affordable Housing/Mortgage Relief/Homeowner Protection
- Paid sick leave, overtime pay and guaranteed paid vacation time.
- support utilizing the same COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) for all entitlements
- Worker’s rights including the right to a living wage, to a safe workplace, to fair trade, and to organize a union at work without fear of firing or reprisal.
- Break up the oversized banks.
- Restore the Glass-Steagall separation of depository commercial banks from speculative investment banks.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM
- Justice is Not For Sale Act H.R.3227 – https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3227
- End police brutality and racial profiling
- End the school to prison pipeline
- Abolish private for profit prisons.
- Reform the bail system to stop disenfranchising people of lower economic means
- Expansion of human services in high crime areas
- oppose the death penalty
- Keep It in the Ground Act H.R.2242 – https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2242
- Replace fossil fuels and dangerous, polluting sources of energy with clean, safe, nuclear free renewable sources.
- Ban offshore drilling and fracking.
- Protect our water, animals and plants.
- Demand clean, safe and sustainable manufacturing.
- Support regional food systems based on sustainable organic agriculture that replenishes the soil.
- To this end we must practice agriculture that replenishes the soil
- Support living in ways that respect the integrity of natural systems.
- Cut the US military budget
- bring our troops home to their families.
- Redirect wasteful military spending to meet real human needs in America.
- Diplomacy to prevent war and actively improve international relations.
- End drone strikes, and all other “targeted killing” operations and increase congressional and judicial oversight.
- Support political and diplomatic initiatives to genuinely promote peace, disarmament and the rule of international law.
- Treat terrorism as a crime, not as a pretext for war and global military expansion.
- Diplomacy to prevent war and end sanctions on Iran
- Oppose foreign occupation
- oppose the dismantling of government entities that support peace building, diplomacy, and the non-violent resolution of conflicts.
- Support aid to stabilize distressed societies and diffuse conflicts.
- oppose torture in all instances and support the prosecution of any officials who aid and abet torture, including “enhanced interrogation.”
- support closing Guantanamo Bay and transferring remaining detainees to facilities within the US.
- enforcing the War Powers Resolution of 1973, which limits the President’s ability to send US troops into hostile action without a Declaration of War by the Congress.
- support certification of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, which is the nuclear deal framework signed with Iran and the five permanent members of the Security Council.
- oppose further development and use of nuclear, chemical, biological, and other extreme weapons of mass destruction and support denuclearization and assistance in the destruction of existing stockpiles of extreme weapons wherever located.
- support continued normalization of relations with Cuba in a way that respects and empowers the Cuban people.
- support the US becoming a signatory to all provisions of the Geneva Convention.
- Oppose any discrimination of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, religion, or physical or mental ability that denies fair treatment and equal justice under the law.
- Full political rights to US territories, including Puerto Rico.
- oppose surveillance by government agencies without adequate and appropriate judicial oversight.
- Repealing of the Patriot Act.
- Oppose militarizing state and local police forces.
- support indigenous peoples in their fight against all forms of exploitation.
- Housing as a right.
- Attacks on cities friendly to immigrants must end.
- fight mass deportation policies
- Full support for all legislation relieving immigrants like TPS, DACA, Dream Act and a path to citizenship.
LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA
- As means to generate new revenue
- to reduce mass incarceration of people with low-level drug offenses
- Guarantee a press that is free of government, corporate and big money influence.
- Oppose censorship in all forms of media, like radio, television, print media and the Internet.
- Provide equal public finance of airways for non-commercial community and grassroots broadcasts.